Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sanding...
...and Branding

This past Sunday was beautiful here in Chicago.  The rain we've had has greened up the grass, and the daffodils and hyacinths are out in full force.  After a period of cold, gray weather it's hard to focus on the work at hand when the sun is finally shining.  Fortunately, I had a project I wanted to start that I could do outside. I have a table that converts from a console table to a dining table that I picked up for a song at a Goodwill store. The previous owner had painted it a dark brown and not being fond of chemical stripping, I decided it was perfect weather for sanding off the old finish.  

Since I was set up any way, I also cut down some shelves for a book case.  I had bought the bookcase a year or so ago--nothing special, just one of those fake wood, assemble it yourself deals.  The case has a fair amount of height, but not enough shelves to take advantage of it.  I was fortunate to find three shelves with a similar finish at thrift store for a $2.20 each; they were the right depth, just a bit longer.  The only thing better than inexpensive shelves is free shelves, and as it turned out, I found two more discarded shelves in one of the local alleyways.  I will post pictures once I get the final configuration set.  

If you've visited this blog before, you may have noticed some changes, including a new logo.  I am in the midst of trying to get a more cohesive look for this blog and my art websites.  I produce this blog using Blogger.com, but I also have a website for marketing my artwork and another that allows customers to order my photography through a 3rd party vendor (frees up time for me to work on more art!).  There are links to my other sites at the top and bottom of this page, so feel free to take a look at each one, poke around a bit, and send me your feedback.  I am hoping that the three sites will eventually blend more seamlessly.  In the interim,  because each vendor offers unique advantages, my blog posts appear not only at LivingWholeARTedly.com, but also on the blog link at EricEPaige.com.

Hopefully you are all enjoying Spring.  This Internet branding is taking up time, but I should be back to a more regular posting schedule (with photos) some time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment