Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Quick Project..
...Thinking Outside the Garden

I am in the midst of reorganizing my art studio, so today's post will be rather quick as nearly every room in this house is crawling with art supplies.  A new addition to my studio is a clock.  I hesitated to put one in (and in fact still haven't put batteries in this one), as worrying about the time seems at odds with the creative process.

This project was relatively simple and takes a simple, small clock and makes it look more grand.


When I lived in Upstate New York, I had turned my whole lawn into a garden. I'll take a morning of weeding over an afternoon of mowing any day of the week. Even though I haven't had a garden in 9 years, I couldn't bear the thought of tossing my favorite trellis. I simply painted it red to match the storage containers in my studio and hung a clock that I found at Goodwill.  I like the clean look, but if need be, the wire trellis is perfect place to hang small tools or display photos and clippings.

Many times our lives change and we have things that no longer serve their original purpose. Look at the structure of the item and see if you can't re-purpose it, and if inspiration doesn't strike, stores like Goodwill can benefit from your generous donation of cast-offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment