Saturday, August 10, 2013

2013 Glenwood Avenue Art Fest...
...Only A Week Away!

Thankfully, art has been occupying a healthy portion of my time lately.  I am doing two art fairs this year and the first is only a week away!  The Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest is one of my favorite Chicago Street Fairs.  The Art Fest is easily accessible via the CTA Red Line (Morse Stop) and features three separate performance stages plus more than 100 artists and vendors. The Fest is August 17th and 18th and more info can be found here.

The week before is always hectic, finishing and touching up paintings. In addition to original paintings, I will also be offering photographs and cards, including photos featured in previous blog posts:  "I Didn't Find Any Eggs...But I Did Find This Gem!" and "The Baha'i Temple In Wilmette...An Architectural Treasure"

Art Deco Bowling Alley, Logan Square Neighborhood
(c)2013 Eric E. Paige

Baha'i Temple, Wilmette, Illinois
(c)2013 Eric E. Paige

I am rarely without my camera, so be sure to check here and my photography site for new additions.  My recent photo essay of Millennium Park can be found here.

Bridgeway Connecting Millenium Park to the 
Art Institute of Chicago (c)2013 Eric E. Paige
Lurie Garden, Millennium Park
(c)2013 Eric E. Paige

Well, it's back to work for me.  I have five paintings I am working on and hope to have them all completed in time for the Art Fest.

"Grove Series" in progress. (c)2013 Eric E. Paige

If you can't make this fair (or even if you can), I will also be exhibiting at The Edgewater Fall Art Fair on September 28th and 29th. Details here. You can also view my painting website.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment